Sarasota RV Park Close to Beaches, Shopping & Culture
Sarasota, Florida, located along the serene Gulf of Mexico, offers a little bit of everything. Our 55+ RV retirement resort is centrally located and close to all that this incredible city has to offer. Whether you’re interested in arts and culture, golf, shopping, or the beaches, there’s something for everyone when you stay at Sunny Sarasota South.
Sarasota is near some of the best beaches in the world, including the stunning white sand shores of Lido Beach, Longboat Key, and Siesta Key. Siesta Beach was even ranked America’s #1 beach by Dr. Beach in 2017! If you need a break from the sun, check out the many offerings for shopping, arts, and culture:
- Ca d’Zan Mansion
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- Ringling Museum
- Sarasota Opera House
- Siesta Key Village
- St. Armand’s Circle
- Legacy Bike Trail
Foodies will rejoice in Sarasota’s culinary scene, which features world-class dining as well as some of Old Florida’s best hotspots for local seafood. Be sure to visit Owen’s Fish Camp and Walt’s Fish Market, or treat yourself to an evening at Indigenous or Crab & Fin. Some of the best sunsets and Gulf views can be enjoyed with a cocktail or dinner at Marina Jack.
Paradise for the Active Retiree – Golfing, Fishing, Boating & More
Sarasota abounds with options for the active sports lover:
- Golf – If you’re a golf enthusiast, don’t forget to bring your clubs to our little slice of paradise. Our RV park is less than a mile from the prestigious TPC Prestancia Golf and Social Club and less than five miles from Village Green Golf Club and Stoneybrook Golf and Country Club.
- Boating – Sarasota’s calm waters, pristine barrier islands, and many sandbars make it a dream for anyone who loves to be on the open water. Bring your boat and rent a slip at any of the local marinas, or there are plenty of places to rent boats, canoes, and kayaks. Keep an eye out for manatees, dolphins, and incredible native bird species when exploring the open water, or try sea grass snorkeling to explore unique underwater landscapes.
- Fishing – Sarasota’s climate, waterways, and seagrass flats make it an incredible fishing destination. The area is known for snook, sheepshead, redfish, tarpon, and flounder. Check out Stephen’s Point, Pop Jantzen Reef off Bird Island, or Big Sarasota Pass. Travel inland and a 40-minute drive gets you to Myakka River State Park where freshwater species abound. The park also offers hiking, camping, and boating.
- Baseball – Sarasota is also home to the spring training grounds for the Baltimore Orioles. Whether you’re an O’s fan or you just love watching America’s pastime, a short drive from our RV park gets you to Ed Smith Stadium where you can watch MLB spring training games all season long.
If you want to explore the areas surrounding Sarasota, take a day or weekend trip. Head south to reach Fort Myers, Cape Coral, or the famous Sanibel Island. From Fort Myers, a relaxing three-and-a-half-hour cruise gets you to Key West. Or you can head north over the famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge to discover the pristine beaches, restaurants, breweries, and art scenes of Clearwater and St. Petersburg.